RE: Immediate content in text element

Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

I think this leads to other problems...

Consider an example were i have a MPEG video running in background and then
I want to put some dynamic text on top of it. I think it's reasonable to
have control over that text in the SMIL presentation itself.

Looping random video with corresponding dynamic titles:

<smil>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
	function randomize()
	{
		var videoNumber = String(9 * Math.random() + 1)
		randomVideo.src = "http://mediaserver/video" + videoNumber + ".mpg"
		titleText.value = "Now playing video: #" + videoNumber
	}
</script>
</head>
<par repeatCount="9" onbegin="randomize()">
	<video name="randomVideo"/>
	<text name="titleText"/>
</par>
</smil>