SMIL compared with MSEQ, a multimedia presentation format for mobile terminals

From: <Gwenael.Le_Bodic@alcatel.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:22:02 +0100
To: www-smil@w3.org

Dear All,

An oral presentation was given at the last 3GPP SA4 (codec) meeting about the MSEQ format. This format has been developed by Alcatel and represents a suitable format for multimedia presentations on mobile terminals. The MSEQ format has many similarities
with SMIL and so a short comparative study was also presented. The presentation and the comparative study are available from the 3GPP website at:

MSEQ presentation: http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/TSG_SA/WG4_CODEC/TSGS4_14/Docs/S4-000616.zip
SMIL/MSEQ comparative study: http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/TSG_SA/WG4_CODEC/TSGS4_14/Docs/S4-000615.zip

I would really appreciate to get feedback from people who have been involved in the development of multimedia presentations on mobile terminals and/or PDAs. I am looking forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

GwenaŽl Le Bodic
Alcatel Business Systems