Re: linking to a specific point

--- Suzanne Little <slittle@dstc.edu.au> wrote:
>I've
> also tried adding an
> anchor tag to the smil file and referencing it from
> the html by adding #id
> to the end of the url without success.

It works sort of like this. Here's an example:
Consider the following chunk of a SMIL document:

<seq>
  <video id="bar" ... />
  <video id="foo" ... />
</seq>

In order to jump to video "foo", and skip video
"bar", you would use something like the following
http://www.example.com/smilfile#foo

where "smilfile" is the name of the SMIL document
that contains the chunk above.

>I also
> suspect that doing it this
> way would only start the element that I had entered
> the anchor tag in. Is
> that correct?

No - it would start the presentation at the point
in time at which the element with id "foo" starts,
showing all media objects that are active at that
point in time (e.g. an audio played in parallel
etc.)