RE: Is there a DTD file for SMIL available?

Jonathan:

Of course, there is a complete DTD for SMIL 1.0 in an appendix of the SMIL
1.0 specification. If you really are referring to the SMIL 2.0 Language, the
published last call working draft included a DTD for that version of the
specification. But be aware that this is still a work in progress and things
like the DTD's are still being refined.

-Aaron