From: Kevin Mielwocki [mailto:kevin@gearboxx.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 2:48 PM
To: www-smil@w3.org
Subject: smil, asp question

Hi all, I've got a bit of a dilemma if anyone has any answers.  I've got a
smil clip w/ 4 regions.  I banner, video (below the banner), and two button
regions (below the video).  Each button has it's own href link.  The link
for one of the buttons goes to an asp page that has a long string in it's
url and when trying to launch the proper url from that button the url isn't
fully accepted.  For instance, I've got
"url_here.com/directory_here/contribution.asp?aid=1221&db=1&sub=513&jid=teac
h&target=_browser".  SMIL should be able to handle this, but it's not able
to figure out how to correctly handle the jid=teach...or for that matter
anything after aid=1221, but will still launch the browser correctly.  Does
anyone have any ideas as to why this might happen, or a work-around for it.
I've got so far as to try %26 (the asp command for the (&) sign) but that
doesn't seem to help any.  Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.
Thanks in advance.

Kevin