Multimedia on the Web Workshop at WWW9

From: Lloyd Rutledge <Lloyd.Rutledge@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:00:53 +0100
To: www-smil@w3.org
cc: Lynda.Hardman@cwi.nl, Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl

As you are perhaps already aware, the WWW9 conference will be held in
Amsterdam this May.  As part of our "hospitality" the multimedia group
at CWI is organising a workshop on multimedia on the Web.

The original URL call can be found at

  http://www9.org/w9-workshops.html#W4

We would like to have a lively discussion with varied views from
academia and industry on the way multimedia should be encouraged to
develop on the Web.

If you are interested, please submit a 500-1000 word position
statement.  Authors of acccepted submissions will be invited to attend
the workshop, and the position statements included on the
(yet-to-be-made) workshop website.  After the workshop a report of the
discussion will be placed in on the website.  I would be happy to post
this to the www-smil list for discussion if there is sufficient
interest for this.

The deadline for sending submissions is 1st March.  Send the
submissions to Lynda Hardman at email address Lynda.Hardman@cwi.nl.

-Lloyd

--
Lloyd Rutledge  vox: +31 20 592 41 27       fax: +31 20 592 41 99
CWI             net: Lloyd.Rutledge@cwi.nl  Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~lloyd