SMIL Variables

From: Jacob McKee <JMcKee@vectrix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:11:35 -0600
To: "'www-smil@w3.org'" <www-smil@w3.org>
I am looking for a little SMIL help. I had a question come up that I am not
quite sure how to answer. If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me
know. I don't need to know how at this point, just whether or not it is
possible.

I am making buttons on a realvideo clip. I need the ability to read in a
variable to that button so that when I click the button inside of the clip
it goes to a link with the variable as part of the URL. So if I come from
the home page, the variable could be "home" and then when I click that link,
is looks something like http://www....com/file?home
<http://www....com/file?home>

Any help is appreciated!

Jacob

                                     J a c o b     M c K e e
Internet Production Manager
NVision Design, Inc.                       Tel: 214.752.0007 x.23
1400 Turtle Creek Blvd.                  Fax: 214.752.0018
Suite 209
Dallas, Texas 75207 USA

E: jmckee@nvisiondesign.com
W: http://www.nvisiondesign.com <http://www.nvisiondesign.com/>
W: http://www.nstorm.com <http://www.nstorm.com/>
       NVision Design's Entertainment Game Site