Re: application/smil Media Type

From: Dmitry Beransky <dberansky@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:57:41 -0800
To: www-smil@w3.org
In the light of current work done on standardizing XML media types [1],
shouldn't the proposed MIME type for SMIL be application/smil-xml?  The
XHTML WG decided to postpone assigning a media type to XHTML until
"recommended MIME labeling for XML-based applications [is]
resolved"[2].  Perhaps, it would be prudent to do the same for SMIL.

Regards
Dmitry Beransky

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-01.txt
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#media