problems with SMIL in combination with Real G2 Player

From: Sven Wontroba <sven@wontroba.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:57:07 +0200
To: <www-smil@w3.org>
Hi all

I have a problem with SMIL in combination with Real G2 Player

Is it possible to make an internal link in a Smil presentation ( like the a href in region 1 with a link to a .rt file wtih target= region 3)
But the main .smil should run on.
I read in the documentation of Real but can't find a direct answer.
I found someting like this

'To link to a target within the same SMIL file,
simply set the href attribute value to the target
id, such as <a href="#text_and_video">.
Be sure to include the pound sign before the id value. ..

 target="_player"  ,    or connect it with an &,    ....

But it doesn't work in my example. Each time a new Player opened.

I read the article from Lloyd Rutledge in the IX about the new possibilyties of Smil Bosten
and now I am not sure if it is implement in the RealPlayer or not???

TIA

Sven Wontroba