Re: [www-smil] <none>

From: Paul Boots <paul.boots@oratrix.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:24:24 +0200
To: www-smil@w3.org

At 14-7-99, David Argibay Abilleira (Martin) wrote:
>I'd like to know if SMIL supports graphic formats such as bitmap, gif or
>jpeg. Since I suppose it does I'd like to know if there's any SMIL
>player that supports these formats too. If anyone can help me, please
>e-mail me. Thank you.

As far as I understand it SMIL in theory supports any graphic format.
The question is, is there a player/editor that will show it? JPG and GIF
are widely supported.

I don't exactlly know what you mean with 'bitmap' but our GRiNS player
supports various bitmap formats such as xbitmap and portable-bitmap
and many other formats.

If you check out our website at http://www.oratrix.com/GRiNS/
you can download our player and/or editor. The quickstart guide contains
a table of all supported formats on which platforms.

Check out  http://smw.internet.com/smil/tools/players.html
for other players.

Have fun and SMIL

Paul