RE: AICI: Focus

Dear all,

Information on DAVIC can directly by found on our web site www.davic.org.
Results from our last meeting in September can be found there as well. In
addition you have the possibility to download our DAVIC 1.5 baseline
specifications out for public review (anonymous access to ftp.davic.org). At
the moment we are working on:

    a.. Applications Work for 1.5
    b.. Copy Control Framework
    c.. New Content Coding Formats

    d.. Intranet Design

    e.. Cable Modem

    f.. Implications of adding an internet work layer to MPEG-2 Systems

    g.. System Requirements and System Reference Model of Local Storage
Based Applications

    h.. JAVA Media API Extensions for services in PC WWW browsers

    i.. WEB driven access to Services and Contents

    j.. Editorial work for PART 1

    k.. A6 Architectural Issues(to 1.5)

More information can also be retrieved from the ftp site in the Membership
directory for instance What_is_DAVIC.ppt. I will ask the DAVIC COO to upload
a more recent version of this file somewhere next week.

Regards

Arian Koster
KPN Telecom
Arena - Innovations MultiMedia Services
Binckhorstlaan 184         http://www.kpn-telecom.nl/arena
Room BHL C488            Email: Arian.Koster@wxs.nl
P.O. Box 30207             Phone: +31 (0)70 341 1032
2500 GE Den Haag        Fax:   +31 (0)70 341 1006
The Netherlands             http://www.davic.org/CURRIKOS.htm