Re: Spatially overlapping media

Chase,
You can certainly do this.

Define a set of regions and appropriate z-order.  Regions can be defined
anywhere within your root layout definition, and z-ordering begins with layer
"0" (the bottom layer) and subsequent layers are on top of the previous ones.

There is no requirement that you use all the regions you define, so throughout
your presentation, choose the set of regions that give the experience you
wish, and target specific URLs in the body of your SMIL presentation to the
appropriate regions.

The G2 RealPlayer from RealNetworks implements this.

-Pat Boyle, RealNetworks