Re: [doap-interest] [ANN] doap:store, a collaborative DOAP projects directory

On 18 Dec 2006, at 14:57, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>>> giving my URL:
>>> http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/gstreamer.doap?
>>> view=co
>>> does not work.
>>>
>>> The page says No SIOC/FOAF/DOAP/OWL/RDFs/RDF found.
>>
>> OK, I see what is the problem.
>>
>> DOAP is based on RDF document format. Please check your document in
>> the RDF validator - it is not a valid RDF document.
>> http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
>
> The validator is wrong. It's heuristic for checking whether content is
> RDF is failing, but the content itself is still valid RDF.

FYI, the validator's "extended interface" at [1] has a checkbox that
says:

     RDF is NOT enclosed in <RDF>...</RDF> tags (optional since 2004,
     eg. see many DOAP files)

and the file validates after ticking that checkbox. I don't know why
this is not enabled by default. I complained about this to the
validator folks in 2005 [2], but got no response.

Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/uri
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-validator/2005Aug/
0006.html