Re: whenToUseGet, test licensing, and the RDF validator

At 12:54 05/02/23, Dan Connolly wrote:

 >On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 09:28 +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
 >> Hello Dan,
 >>
 >> At 02:55 05/02/23, Dan Connolly wrote:
 >>  >
 >>  >I'm composing an RFE
 >>
 >> I have no clue what an RFE is.
 >
 >Request For Enhancement

Thanks!

 >(it's a pretty common term, isn't it? yes, it's
 >in FOLDOC...
 >http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=RFE
 >)

In international communication, please avoid jargon,
at least without providing a reference. Thanks!

 >> I think the main reason for using POST was that for any kind of
 >> serious RDF, the GET URI gets extremely long, to the extent of
 >> being unmanageable.
 >
 >I wasn't pasting the RDF into the form; I was using
 >the by-reference option. The URI needn't be much
 >longer than...
 >
 >http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ARPServlet?q=http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

Good point. Unfortunately, it's difficult for the form to predict
what variant the user will choose. We could offer two versions
of the form (one with GET and URI and no permissions only, and
another with POST and all the features), but I guess that would
complicate maintainance.

Ultimately, you have to convince EricP, not me.

Regards,    Martin.