Re: validator graphing - Japanese fonts?

Dan Brickley wrote:

> Talking with Masahide Kanzaki last week, he reminded me that
> the validator wasn't working with Japanese fonts any more. This is a
> shame since Japanse folk were finding it pretty useful.
>
> http://www.kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf is an example that has some
> Japanese chars. Sorry I've forgotten how to teach graphviz about fonts.
> It'd btw be cool if this worked with Arabic as well. Not sure how
> graphviz deals with right-to-left script.
>
> thanks,
>
> Dan

This might just be a problem of the correct font not being found by
GraphViz.

FYI,

IsaViz [1] and RDFAuthor [2] are both capable of working with Japanese
fonts (provided you have a font with these glyphs available). Not as
handy as the validator as you have to set them up locally, but they
represent alternatives until this gets fixed.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/
[2] http://rdfweb.org/people/damian/RDFAuthor/

Emmanuel

--