Re: Validator Problem

frozados@fibertel.com.ar wrote:

> Hello. This is my rdf file and i the rdf validar throws me this error. Can
> you tell what is happening and why the validator doesn't show the foaf information
> for the resource.
> thanks for your time,
> federico
>
> Error: {E201} Syntax error when processing " ". Encountered " " Was expecting
> one of: XML comment processing instruction end element tag attribute rdf:bagID
> property attributes attribute rdf:type [Line = 29, Column = 64]
>

>    <rdf:Description     rdf:about="http://ua.edu.ar/Books/ProgrammingBooks/CProgramming">

[...]

>       <dcelem:creator rdf:resource="http://www.kernighan.com/">
>               <foaf:Person>
>                   <foaf:name>Brian W. Kernighan</foaf:name>
>                   <foaf:nick>Brian</foaf:nick>
>                   <foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:kernighan@mit.com"/>
>                   <foaf:knows>
>                       <foaf:Person>
>                           <foaf:name>Zinedine Zidane</foaf:name>
>                           <foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:zidane@madrid.es"/>
>                       </foaf:Person>
>                    </foaf:knows>
>                <foaf:depiction rdf:resource="http://ua.edu.ar/Photos/Zidane.jpg"/>
>
>               </foaf:Person>
>       </dcelem:creator>
>      </rdf:Description>

[...]

I believe the problem comes from this fragment. You say that
http://www.kernighan.com/ is the dcelem:creator of
http://ua.edu.ar/Books/ProgrammingBooks/CProgramming and that
http://www.kernighan.com/ (which is the object of this statement) should
be considered as a resource.

Then from what I understantd, you want to declare that the latter is of
type foaf:Person and make other new statements which would have resource
http://www.kernighan.com/ as their subject. This is of course possible
in RDF, but I'm not sure that the way you specified it is correct
(however, I don't remember all subtleties of the RDF/XML syntax).

Here's another way of saying what I think you wanted to say (there are
of course many variations). I've attached the full RDF file (2
variations) as well as an SVG representation of it.

<foaf:Person rdf:about="http://www.kernighan.com/">

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)
http://claribole.net