Re: Formular bereitgestellt von Microsoft Internet Explorer.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 02:14:44PM +0200, Helge Reinsch wrote:
> I tryed to validate a rdf-file today. It starts with the lines:

> later in the document I used the description tag as below and got back a
> warning, that I have to use rdf:about and rdf:resource instead of about
> and rdf.

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <rdf:RDF
>   xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>   xmlns:s="http://description.org/schema/">
>   <rdf:Description about="http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila">
>     <s:Creator>Ora Lassila</s:Creator>
>   </rdf:Description>
> </rdf:RDF>
>
> The use of the tag seems to be the same way as I did.
> Now I'm a little bit confused about what's the right way to annotate the
> tag and hope that you can help me.

Hi,

The warning means that every RDF attribute (e.g. about, resource,
etc.) should be qualified with a namespace (e.g. rdf:about and
rdf:resource).

You are correct in noting that the examples in the M&S spec do not
follow this.  The RDF Core WG:

 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/

is working on clarifications of the RDF Model and Syntax specification.
The WG has decided that the spec is in error and ALL attributes MUST
be qualifed with a namespace.  See the following for more information:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

Art Barstow
---