RE: RDF Validation Question

[--aside who is www-rdf-validator nowadays?--]

Sorry Stephen for taking so long to reply to this.

My understanding of your query is that:

- If we replace both occurrences of cr:test with crtest in your example then
the picture coming out of the validator is different.

- The equivalent experiment with Beckett's code is that the triples coming
out are identical (except for the change in label).

I am clear that you have identified an ARP defect here, and have entered
this into Bugzilla. I typically clear the bugs before each release.
I guess I am looking at another ARP release before christmas?

The rdf:resource="#cr:test" and the rdf:ID="cr:test" are I think identical
and ARP should behave identically towards both.

However, what it does is to treat the first as an illegal URI and the second
as a legal fragment ID.

In default mode, ARP responds to illegal URIs by issuing a warning message
and then treating the exact text string as if it were a legal absolute URI.
Hence "#cr:test" is not treated as a fragment ID.

I will need to refer to RFC 2396 to determine whether or not "#cr:test" is a
legal relative fragment URI or not. I will do this when I fix the bug.

So the fix will either:
- allow the first occurrence
or
- forbid the second occurrence