function symbols in SWRL FOL

From: Jos de Bruijn <jos.debruijn@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:01:29 +0100
To: www-rdf-rules@w3.org

Hi all,

I have a question regarding SWRL FOL [1] to which someone here might
know the answer:

SWRL FOL is an extension of SWRL to first-order logic. However, there do
not appear to be any function symbols in the language. Did I overlook
something in the document?
Could someone tell me why we would want to restrict the expressiveness
of the language? Why not define a full first-order logic and define
subsets with some specific desirable properties?

Thanks for the clarification!

Best, Jos

[1] http://www.daml.org/2004/11/fol/proposal

--
Please take notice of my new email address:
                              jos.debruijn@deri.org

Jos de Bruijn, http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c703239/
+43 512 507 6475
                              jos.debruijn@deri.org

Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
                               http://www.deri.org/