Re: SWRL string builtins -- suggestion

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:07:00 +0900
To: "Neil Goldman" <ngoldman@teknowledge.com>, <www-rdf-rules@w3.org>
Cc: "Neil Goldman" <ngoldman@teknowledge.com>

This may be a bad idea. In English, a lot of functions on strings
can be implemented by using functions on individual characters of
the string. So a 'charAt' function seems very tempting. But in
many other languages, things are not as simple as that. Of course
this depends on the operation and the language.

Regards,    Martin.