Re: Pondering RDF Path

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:08:49AM +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> But again, see my previous email for an API approach that wouldn't be
> possible using RDF-Query--it seems to me that that approach might
> yield faster results. But I'm not sure.

That would depend on the backend, in ours we (well, the optimiser)
deliberatly rearranges statements to get fewest traversals, eg. refineing
on little-used members first to reduce the working set.

If you enforced the ordering of the path it would generally be slower, but
obviously that wont apply to all systems.

- Steve