RE: Rules WG -- draft charter -- NAF

From: Wagner, G.R. <G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:45:53 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Benjamin Grosof" <bgrosof@mit.edu>
Cc: "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>, <adrianw@snet.net>, <www-rdf-rules@w3.org>, <phayes@ihmc.us>

> I've found cwm's log:includes and log:notIncludes mechanisms
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/Reach
> useful for building a number of applications. I've tried
> to figure out what it corresponds do in other systems, but
> I'm not having much luck. It can't really be all that
> novel, can it?

The important construct for getting a kind of closure/failure in
N3/cwm is log:definitiveDocument, which corresponds to what has
been called Local Closed World Assumptions in works referenced
in [1] or predicate-specific completeness assumptions in [2].

-Gerd
http://tmitwww.tm.tue.nl/staff/gwagner/

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-rules/2003Jun/0019.html
[2] http://tmitwww.tm.tue.nl/staff/gwagner/myRuleML/WebRules2Neg.pdf