Re: Rules WG -- draft charter -- NAF

I believe there are some other reasons (important?)  to clearly define a
scope for statements at the web nesides reasons mentioned before
(imported statements, CWA reasoning).
At some point in future, when more and more sophisticated logics will be
used for SW reasoning, it will be possible that derivation of negative
information will be supported in SW what may lead to inconsinstent
theories..
(it is not supported now by OWL Rules, but negative information maybe
derived by OWL reasoning itself, if regard ontologies in the same way as
we treat RDf data (distributed, CW etc))
If inconsistency is derived in some theory (agent) what the boundaries
for it, should it be restricted to soem space or make all (dependent)
web inconsistent.
I believe a framework to restrict inconsistency should be specified.
Maybe it is not actual and important now  with onlu positive heads in
OWL rules , but probably issues hsould be considered already
Andrei Lopatenko
PhD student
The University of Manchester
RA