Re: Rules WG -- draft charter

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:26:26 +0100
To: pfps@research.bell-labs.com
Cc: connolly@w3.org, www-rdf-rules@w3.org

PeterPS:
[...]
> It is generally the case that proof checking is no harder than proving,
> although I don't remember a proof to this effect.  :-)

:-)

> It is certainly the case that proof checking is usually easier than
> proving, and mostly proof checking is very much easier than proving, but

That's what I also thought...

> this is certainly not always the case.

It is an engineering challenge to avoid those cases :-)
and here I believe so called "builtins" could help
(at least that's our experience with such cases
as http://www.agfa.com/w3c/2002/10/medicad/op/index.html
esp http://www.agfa.com/w3c/2002/10/medicad/op/lldmE.n3
or http://www.agfa.com/w3c/2002/10/medicad/op/lldmE2.n3)