RE: here's a list of companies/organizations potentially interested Re: Rules WG -- draft charter

Hi,

I would like to inform you that we also have much interest in rules
aspects of the semantic web.
In our research institute, ETRI, saveral projects were initiated to
research and develop technologies
for applying web ontologies and rules to the real problems of electronic
commerce, distributed
knowledge processing, natural language processing, semantic seraching
etc.
We have put much effort in  following the development phases of OWL and
RuleML, and
have just started to produce some interesting results - tools and
frameworks etc.

Here's a showcase of our results.

- Bossam rule engine: a forward-chaining rule engine which supports OWL
importing and inferencing.
- OWLer: an OWL inference system. It uses JTP for inferencing.
- ezOWL: a Protege plugin for visual editing of OWL documents.
- MOA: a merging tool for merging multiple OWL ongologies.
- Buchingae: a web-friendly rule language. not XML-based.
- LogicML: a rule markup language, which is a slight extension of
RuleML's hornlog.

I'm a developer in charge of Bossam rule engine, and have announced OWL
test results
of Bossam at public-webont-comments list.

Well, this mail sort of reads like an advertisement, and it really is. I
wanted to announce that
there's one more research organization you might think of as supporting
W3C semantic
web activity and having interests in Rules WG. ;-)

Thanks for reading,
Minsu Jang
Senior Member of Research Staff
Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute