Re: SeRQL an RDF rule language: scoping Rules vs Query in W3C work

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:08:58 -0500
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>, www-rdf-rules@w3.org

* Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com> [2003-11-06 16:00+0200]
> On 2003-11-05 20:18, "ext Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org> wrote:
> > I think Edutella have something in this vein. Sorry
> > I'm in a rush or I'd do the googling for links. Also this approach
> > doesn't allow blanks for property names, since RDF/XML doesn't allow
> > that.
>
> That is true, though I've yet to see a compelling query associated
> with a real-world use case that does not specify a property.

Before we added rdfs:member (superproperty of _1 _2 etc)., there was an
RSS 1.0 use case, finding all the things in an rdf:Seq.

Also one might want to use a  query that had a clause picking out
all properties of rdf:type owl:UnambiguousProperty. I do something like
this for identity reasoning  / node merging in FOAF apps, for eg.

But I agree it tends to be rare to have to do this in application
queries.

Dan