Re: RDF and OWL rules

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:59:27 +0100
To: Geoff Chappell <geoff@sover.net>
CC: RDF Rules <www-rdf-rules@w3.org>

I'm working along similar lines - as one route to providing (partial) OWL
support in Jena2.

I'm certainly happy to exchange ideas on this. I'm not sure that a common set,
that can be mechanically translated into each implementation language, is
tractable due to differences in engine assumptions (datalog or not, sets of
built-in primitives etc). However, a reference set that developers can use as a
guide to specific implementations would be good.

There might also be some value in sharing additional test cases. The working
group tests are obviously the main tests of concern, but there may be a role for
richer test cases for subsets other than OWL-DL (which is well catered for in
the WG informative tests).

Dave