Re: a simple question

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:22:07 -0600
To: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-rules@w3.org

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 13:00, Drew McDermott wrote:
> Hayes wrote:
>    Its not a matter of alternatives. If you want to
>    draw checkable valid conclusions, then you need
>    to do this kind of reasoning.
>
> I don't want to draw checkable valid conclusions.

I suggest that checkable valid conclusions are
essential to anarchic scalability.

I wish I could elaborate, but I'm juggling too many
things just now. I hope you don't mind my using
your inboxes to bookmark my thought.

The relevant wiki nodes are these, though I don't
think they make my point quite yet either:

  http://esw.w3.org/topic/AnarchicScalability
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBus