Re: What is an RDF Query?

Well, I may have been confused with locally scoped names.
If I assert
  (1) "Document D has an author with name N"
then the author object would be an anonymous node.

If I assert
  (2) "Document D has author A who has name N"
then the author is a named resource, with a URI of its own.

What I would like to assert is something like
  (3) "Document D has an author, which I will (locally) call X,
       who has name N"

It might be necessary to defined the name X, in order to assert
something else about that resource (like document D' also has author X),
but actually it is much more like an anonymous resource than a named
one.

If I slightly change (1) (2) and (3) to be queries instead of assertions
("Is there a document..."), X would have to be considered a variable
rather than a constant.

Note that this is a syntactical problem: in the RDF model, there is no
reason why I should give a local name to the author. I would just draw
an empty node, and add arcs to it. Which really makes me think that
recomanded syntax is a pain ;-)

  Pierre-Antoine