ESWC06 Tutorial: Answer Set Programming for the Semantic Web

From: Roman Schindlauer <roman@kr.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:32:06 +0200
To: tag@lists.cc.utexas.edu, www-rdf-logic@w3.org, www-rdf-rules@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

[Apologies for multiple copies and crossposting]

I would like to announce a side-event at the ESWC 06, which will be
held in Budva, Montenegro, next June. There, we will have a Full-day
Tutorial on

    "Answer Set Programming for the Semantic Web"

on June 11th, where we will present ASP, a declarative programming
paradigm with its roots in Knowledge Representation and Logic
Programming in the context of Semantic Web applications. The
attendees will practice through an online interface using one
of the state-of-the-art ASP solvers and some of its extensions.

The tutorial will be held by:

Thomas Eiter (TU Vienna, Austria),
Giovambattista Ianni (Universita della Calabria, Italy),
Axel Polleres (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain)
and myself.

For details and registration, see
http://www.eswc2006.org/tutorials.html#tutorial1

with best regards,