Re: role hierarchies in description logic

From: davide <davide@cs.uu.nl>
Subject: role hierarchies in description logic
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:22:48 +0100

> Is there literature systematically studying extensions of standard
> description logics (AL, or ALC) with role hierarchies?
>
> Thank you for the attention.
>
> Davide

Yes, there has been investigation of ALC + role hierarchies.  This logic is
also called SH, a sublogic of most of the DLs that are currently receiving
attention (SHIN, SHIQ, SHOIQ).  There are even several good papers surveying
such logics.  (I'm at home and will be travelling so I can't easily look up the
appropriate papers.)