the world according to RDF, OWL and MKR

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@volcano.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:53:31 -0700
To: "semantic-web at W3C" <semantic-web@w3c.org>, "OWL at W3C" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Cc: "KR-language" <KR-language@YahooGroups.com>

I have put together a description of the world view
(entity-characteristic-proposition hierarchy, including
all predefined entities and properties) for each of the
languages.

    http://rhm.cdepot.net/kb/rdf.ho
    http://rhm.cdepot.net/kb/owl.ho
    http://rhm.cdepot.net/kb/mkr.ho

I am sharing this info. to give you
1. a brief summary of each language
2. a view of the differences between the languages

To facilitate the comparison of languages, I have
added a few concepts to the RDF & OWL world views,
e.g. "entity" and "group".

I have added one concept, "ClassSet", for the purpose
of removing the individual-class conflict in RDF & OWL.
By the current definitions, the meaning of

    <Class rdf:ID="x">

is

    <x rdf:type="Class">

making "x" both an individual and a class.  I propose
a new meaning

    <ClassSet rdf:member="x">

which makes "x" a class (which is a member of the set
ClassSet), and not an individual.  ClassSet can then
replace Class as the record of all classes.

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://rhm.cdepot.net/