RDF/OWL Mtriples language

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@volcano.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:25:45 -0700
To: "www-rdf-logic at W3C" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "semantic-web at W3C" <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Cc: "KR-language" <KR-language@YahooGroups.com>

Given the continuing popularity of the triple format,
I decided to offer you my own brand: Mtriples.
Because Mtriples is a subset of the MKR language,
it is available now.

The basic Mtriple format is

    subject verb object;

Both subject and object can be comma-separated lists
of word phrases.  Verbs are single words.

Questions are part of the Mtriples language.
Using "?" (without the quotes) for subject and/or
object initiates a search of the knowledge base
to find everything that matches the question marks.

Assignments are included in Mtriples.  The format is

    variable := value;

to set a value, and

    $variable

to reference that value.

You may use URIs for subject, verb, object,
but I strongly recommend that you do NOT.
Short names using xml style qualifiers
are so much easier to read.  Just declare
them using

    xmlns:q := URI;

The only requirement to achieve this flexibility
in Mtriples is that you declare your verbs in the
form

    myverb isu verb;

Of course, I have an easy out for RDF/OWL users.
Just declare

    kformat := rdfmt;
or
    kformat := owlmt;

All these goodies are provided by the MKE system
which you can download from my web site (click
on link below my name).

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://rhm.cdepot.net/