RE: Cardinality in the open world

> From: Jos de Bruijn [mailto:jos.debruijn@deri.org]
> What you seem to want to do is to check data you add to your knowledge
> base with respect to closed-world constraints, i.e., constraints with
> respect to the data in the knowledge base.
> This is currently not possible in OWL

It's possible, but you sometimes need a few helper classes.  I've dealt
with such checking in the past by constructing classes whose instances I
know would be invalid, and then iterating through the instances of those
classes.  For example, if I know that all OWL developers must have at
least 3 heads [in order to understand the spec], I construct the class
of OWL developers who have at most two heads and look for instances of
that class.  Those instances fail my checks.

		- Peter