Re: Inferring Class Membership w/o OWL Full?

From: Stephen Rhoads <stephen.rhoads@db.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:49:11 -0400
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
>> On the other hand, why not just use rdf:type? What do you gain from the

>> explicit subpropertying?

Protege w/ the OWL Plugin -- which I am using to develop the Ontology --
doesn't support multiple types.  One must edit the OWL file outside of
Protege in order to add the additional types.

That's fine for me, but maybe not for average Joe.  When I publish the
Ontology, I would like to be able to say, "here's the OWL file and a
Protege Project file ... download, install, go to Individuals Tab, and
bada-boom -- you're in business".  "(I even laid the Forms out nice 'n
neat for ya)".

Beyond that, I just think it is a more intuitive way of dealing with the
task.

But alas, I shall use rdf:type, lest I add another infraction to my Rap
Sheet. ;-)