>>       owl:onProperty :effectivePeriod ;
>>       owl:allValuesFrom :Duration
>>     ] ;
>>     rdfs:subClassOf
>>     [ a owl:Restriction ;
>>       owl:onProperty :effectivePeriod ;
>>       owl:someValuesFrom :Duration
>>     ] .
>

> Would you actually use an allValuesFrom and someValuesFrom for the same
> property in the same class axiom?  That seems contradictory to me.
> someValuesFrom doesn't preclude there being other values; allValuesFrom
> does.

someValuesFrom requires there to be at least one value from the
specified class, and allValuesFrom requires that if there are any
values, they all come from the specified class (but there could be no
values at all).  So there has to be at least one, and that one and any
more all have to come from the specified class.

Not exactly intuitive, eh?

Cheers,

Tom P