Re: owl:oppositeOf

From: Yuzhong Qu <yzqu@seu.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:30:45 +0800
To: "Eric Jain" <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

> > Your example falls into the second case. It seems that there is no
> > way by using OWL DL.
>
> Thanks. Would be interesting to know whether this was left out by
> oversight or intentionally, it seems like a rather basic (but perhaps
> problematic?) concept to me...

Based on my knowledge, some Description Logics include the constructor for role complement, while some others don't.

OWL DL doesn't support  role (i.e. property) complement, the language designers (of OWL DL) may consider the issue of computational complex (as well as the decidability problem).

Maybe, somebody can give us the right answer.

Yuzhong Qu