Re: Help with Owl rules

In the semantic web stack, rules are separate from the ontology
layer. OWL has some built-ins, but AFAIK they don't cover what
you are trying to say (e.g. transitivity over different
properties in your second example). I think your first example
can't work because there would be kind of a domain mismatch for
X:height (either some resource of e.g. type ex:Person should
have an X:height or something of type ex:SizeDescription).

If you would like to use custom rules you may be interested in
SWRL [1], a proposal for an OWL+RuleML-based rules language.

hth,
benjamin

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-SWRL-20040521/

--