how does property propagation work

From: flor salcedo <mercedezflor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:18:15 -0700
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

I have been trying to figure out property propagation but cannot find enough
information in the w3C's documents. For example, I loaded the wine ontology
into the Protege editor and then viewed the ontology using Protege's OWL
plugin and ez-OWL plugin (the ez-OWL plugin displays the ontology in a
visual format). What I found is that the ConsumableThing class has the
following properties listed under it: hasFlavor, hasSugar, producesWine,
hasMaker, hasBody, madeIntoWine, locatedIn, and food:madeFromFruit. I think
I figured out the last one but where are all the other properties coming
from? I have searched over the actual wine.owl and food.owl documents
several times but cannot see the link. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Flor Salcedo

High-speed usersóbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet