Re: Is this OWL Full or OWL DL ?

On 27.08.2004 16:00:49, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 15:26, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>> >More precisely, is the following ontology in OWL Lite/DL or OWL Full?
>> >
>> >  :p a owl:ObjectProperty .
>> >  :p owl:equivalentProperty owl:sameAs .
>> >
>> >I would have thougt it is OWL Full because owl:sameAs is no ordinary
>> >property.
>> >(...)
>> This should not be allowed in OWL Lite/DL as you are using an owl
>> property as an individual/object in a statement, which, I think, turns
>> your ont into the Full space.
>
>Not exactly: a property is expected after owl:equivalentProperty, not an
>individual.
In a triple context and from a certain point of view, objects of triples
are always individuals. ;)

>However, as I stated, owl:sameAs does not look like an ordinary property
>to me...
right, _any_ owl:* property is part of the language, and using one in a
Lite/DL-friendly way as an object is limited (or maybe not possible at all).

cheers,
benjamin (surely not an owl expert)

--
Benjamin Nowack