From: www-rdf-logic-request@w3.org [mailto:www-rdf-logic-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Li Qin
Sent: 2003Äê9ÔÂ19ÈÕ 8:49
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Subject: some basic questions, thanks

1. If A is the intersection of B and C, does it mean that A is the
subclass of both B and C?

Is it correct that the instances of A are also instances of B and C
while the common instances of B and C are also instances of A?

2. If  A is the union of B and C, the instances of B and C are also
instances of A. How does it differ from the relationship between
subclass and superclass where the instances of the subclass are also
instances of the superclass?

Does A have its own instances in addition to the instances of B and C?

3. If A and B are complement of each other, does it mean there exists a
C who is the union of A and B or the superclass of A and B?

4. If a class has subclasses, does this class have instances of its own
in addition to the instances of its subclasses?

Thank you in advance.

  _____

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8.
<http://g.msn.com/8HMBEN/2746??PS=>  Get 2 months FREE*.