FW: Engineering Mathematics ontology in OWL (forward from web-ont-wg)

From: Stephane Fellah <fellah@pcigeomatics.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:15:37 -0500
To: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

Hi,

I am interested to develop ontologies for Engineering mathematics. So
far, the best model I have found is the one developed by KSL Stanford in
OntoLingua (EngMath ontologies). Is anyone aware of some activities
porting this ontologies in OWL ? The ontology has been developed in LISP
and KIF ? Is it completely portable in OWL or do I need some extensions
in OWL such as OWL Rule Language ? The link to EngMath is at
:http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/knowledge-sharing/papers/engmath.html. If
no activities is done for this, I think it may be useful to develop it
as an open-source ontology. What would be the best approach to initiate
such a project as open-source  ? Do  other ontologies exist for
engineering mathematics ?

Best regards

Stephane Fellah
Senior Software Engineer