SUMMARY: Treating a class as both an instance and as a class, i.e., a metaclass

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:54:14 -0500
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lot for all of the excellent messages to my question regarding
the nature of a class being used as both an instance and as a class
(i.e., a metaclass).  I believe that I now have a firm understanding.

I have created a few slides that summarizes the discussion:

    http://www.xfront.com/metaclasses/

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes.  [Credits to Frank
Manola for the example in the slides.]  /Roger