Re: DTD for OWL document?

Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 05:51, Roger L. Costello wrote:
> >
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Has anyone created a DTD which describes the organization of an OWL
> > document?
>
> I'm not sure...
>
> >  If so, could I get a copy?  That would be extremely useful.
>
> Hmm... really? how so? I'm curious.

Hi Dan,

Here are a couple examples of the utility of an OWL DTD:

1. As I create OWL documents I can validate (using readily available
XML Parsers) that they are syntactically correct.  This alone would make
the DTD very valuable.

2. A DTD would act as another "piece of the puzzle" in terms of
understanding OWL.  It would instantly answer questions like "is the
owl:ontology element mandatory?"  [BTW, can someone answer that
question?  I don't know the answer to it.]

What do you think about these?  /Roger