Re: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 14:18, Roger L. Costello wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> In the OWL Reference Version 1.0 document it defines TransitiveProperty
> and SymmetricProperty as a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty.
>
> On the other hand, it defines FunctionalProperty as a subClassOf
> rdf:Propery.
>
> What is the reason for this?  Why isn't FunctionalProperty also defined
> as a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

because then we couldn't model, e.g. string-valued database keys;
e.g. the relationship between U.S. states and strings like "KS".

pls see

5.1 Uniform treatment of literal/data values
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.1-Uniform-treatment-of-literal-data-values