RE: erratum ... RE: allValuesFrom and rdfs:domain

Hello Bernard,

! There are so many possible definitions for a blue thing. Yours would be
! good for Klein's "Monochrom Blue". Sorry, I don't buy those.

Sorry, I was not selling anything, just tried to help. It was your question,
not mine. Knowing just an id of "BlueThing" was not sufficient enough to
understand what you mean. So I gave you a suggestion that you can modify as
you wish to fit definition of "BlueThing" that you have in mind.

! I prefer the blue a la Kandinsky.
!
! See http://webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/color/blues4.html
!
! That said, I would buy your definition for blue-only things, replacing
! cardinality by minCardinality to accept a wider bandwidth of blue on a
! single object. And to include Kandinsky's "In the Blue", I would keep the
! original definition with "someValuesFrom" instead of "allValuesFrom".

Sure, you are the author, Bernard. Note though that "someValuesFrom" assumes
at least on value. So "InvisibleThing" is not included.
(Unless you start complaining that you meant invisible a la Magritte "The
Invisible World"
http://www.the-artfile.com/uk/artists/magritte/invisibleworld.htm
which is actually quite blue according to your latter definition of
"BlueThing")

! Anyway, you missed my point ... I'm not looking for any *better*
! definition
! of BlueThing. I want to figure out what that one, as it is, means for
! InvisibleThing.

Consider a fading "BlueThing" eventually it becomes invisible. But at any
moment it is still blue. So there is nothing wrong with an ontology where
InvisibleThing is a BlueThing.
In fact keeping definition of colors that you originally proposed
InvisibleThing is an intersection of BlueThing, RedThing and GreenThing.

The only thing that I am trying to say is that there is a sensible
interpretation.

With best regards,

--Nikita

PS:
When you reply please consider the fact that I do not know what you mean by
colored things and "*Thing"-s in general.

! Cheers
!
! Bernard
!