RE: NCI oncology ontology - why can annotation properties not have a range

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:02:10 -0800
To: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

> Suggest change this to my:range, where my:range
> is a new AnnotationProperty with rdfs:comment such as

Jeremy and all,

I have recently discussed this issue with Jim Hendler
and he suggested I try to ask my question again on this
list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Dec/0000.
html

The concern I stated there is that it should be allowed
in OWL DL to assign ranges to annotation properties.

I still have not found out why this is only valid in OWL
Full.  Could anyone from this list enlighten me about the
theoretical problems behind this issue?  For me as a naive
OWL user, this rather looks like a syntactic problem than
a semantic problem.

Thanks
Holger