Properties in OWL

From: Justo Ruiz <justo.ruiz@activiti.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:05:46 -0000
To: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

All,

	I've been following OWL language evolution for a while and ever
since I learnt about it, I had a question on my mind which I still
haven't found a solution or explanation:  Why Properties cannot have
properties?  That is, why is it not possible to decorate a property with
attributes and associations (using the UML terminology)?  I found this
very frustrating as, for example, a simple mapping between a UML
Association Class and a OWL Property is not possible.

	Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

	Regards,

	Justo Ruiz Ferrer.