Re: Owl entailment rules.

From: "Nitesh Shrestha" <shrestha@ipsi.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: Owl entailment rules.
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:23:20 +0200

> Hi,
>   I am working on all possible entailment rules for Lite OWL, so that
> inference system can be developed covering Lite OWL vocabulary. Please
> find the attached file of entailment rules. I would appreciate any kind
> of feedback on this.
>
> Regards,
> Nitesh Shrestha.

If you are trying to develop a complete set of inferences for OWL Lite,
then it is extraordinarily unlikely that you will succeed by just writing
down inference rules.  A much better approach would be to first study
complete inference systems for modal logics, description logics, and hybrid
logics to see how complete inference systems are developed for logics
similar to OWL.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research