Re: KAON - KArlsruhe ONtology and Semantic Web Infrastructure

About:

> With respect to ontology editors we were confronted with the problem
> that each ontology modeling tool implements its own "specific data
> model", typically focusing on a specific representation
> paradigm. Thus, this results in the fact that it is impossible that
> one just takes a specific tool and uses it as a frontend for some
> specific backend software. Thus, the only thing that works is to
> provide import/export facilities.  In our case we provide an import
> tool for Protege-based ontologies and RDFS ontologies in general.

Interesting to reflect on the fact that ontologies were (partially)
introduced to enable interoperability between application systems. Now we
are seeing interoperability-problems between ontology systems. Do we need
to recurse once more, to solve this problem? Maybe we will see competing
non-interoperable frameworks for interoperability between ontology
systems.. So once again  we  recurse. A never-ending story :-)

/olle